Monday, November 8, 2010

Finally - Trip 1 Here I Come

I have been sick all weekend and woke up this morning feeling a little better. I was in really great spirits and just felt like it was going to be a good day. I got to work to find out that my morning pharmacist was sick and wouldn't be coming in. For some reason, that didn't put a tiny dent in my good mood. Then Kyle sent me the most beautiful roses. I watched the phone all day because I had received words that my travel dates should be coming soon. At about 6pm I told Mom that today just must not be the day. I figured that my caseworker (she is the one who tells me when I get assigned travel dates) was surely gone for the day. Crazily enough, about 7pm I suddenly got an email saying that I received an invitation to travel to Russia. I was ecstatic and called Mom and Dad immediately - then Kacie, Ashley, Haley, Maw Maw, Kyle, etc. I can't believe that after 8 months I am finally going to get to meet the girls. I will be leaving on November 21st or 22nd and will actually meet the girls on Thanksgiving morning. Talk about something to be thankful for. I will certainly miss all the American Thanksgiving food but will be happy to spend my first holiday with the girls. I have lots to plan and get ready for because I leave in less than 2 weeks. Me, Mom and all the sisters are going to be in Houston this week for Nutcracker Market so I really only have about one week to plan. I guess I better get started! We will get visas and tickets tomorrow. Well, I will keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful news!!! I can't wait hear all about your trip!! What a great way to spend Thanksgiving! ;)

    ReplyDelete